THE Applus+ SOLUTION
Applus+ initially identifies the HSE impacts and risks of a project through a combination of workshops and scoping studies, and then compiles these into a Hazards and Effects Register. The HSEIA then involves an environmental impact assessment (EIA), a control of major accident hazards (COMAH) and an occupational health risk assessment (OHRA).
Our solution begins by benchmarking our client’s current activities and highlighting potential exposure to significant HSE risk. We then look at the bigger picture to see what changes can be made in the way the client works.
An HSE impact assessment will then be conducted to demonstrate that:
- A streamlined prevention plan for major accidents and HSE management system are in place
- Health and safety hazards and environmental impacts have been identified, recorded and assessed
- Environmental impacts and risks are being managed
- Suitable measures have been identified and the critical equipment and systems are in place
- Onsite and offsite emergency plans have been drawn up
- The risks of project activities are ALARP (as low as reasonably practicable)
- A sound overall plan is in place to safeguard life, property, the environment and the business